Tuesday 8 October 2013

My Debenhams Dream Bedroom

When I saw the Debenhams Dream Bedroom competition on Mammasaurus and Love Chic Living I absolutely had to enter. When my browser shows me my most visited sites, Debenhams is always there. I'm on first name terms with the delivery driver, so a virtual spending spree was right up my street.

To enter this competition you need to create a mood board depicting your dream bedroom, up to a value of £5,000. I've never made a mood board before, but I've thoroughly my first attempt at interior design.

The Furniture

The Bedding and Accessories


Here's what I would buy with my £5,000.
Black nickel Olivia bedstead, king size, £468.00
Back care ultimate 2000 mattress, £536
White pack of four spiral fibre pillows, £30
Hungarian goose down duvet - 13.5 tog, £320
2 Designer black ball stand lamps at £55 each, £110
2 White 'Brighton' high gloss two drawer bedside chest at £180 each, £360
White 'Brighton' high gloss double wardrobe with mirror, £432
Black Clarence 9 Light Crystal Chandelier, £191.20
Light grey 'Butterflies' bedding set, £73
Taupe 'Miramar' chair with dark feet, £432
Taupe 'Miramar' bench with dark feet, £540
Designer black butterfly cameo cushion, £20
Designer lilac bird and butterfly print cushion, £22.40
Natural butterfly embroidered cushion, £22
Designer black striped butterfly cushion, £22.40
Silver large butterflies jewellery box, £17
White framed butterfly art, £30
Silver small butterfly jewellery box, £10
Clear and black glass vase, £58

I've added up my spend and it's coming out at only £3,694 -  for all that. 

What have I missed?

Gah, CURTAINS.

 

Ripple Amethyst Lined Eyelet Curtains, £119

Ah, that's better.

My new total spend is £3,813. Bargain.


Now, you'll have to excuse me, I have butterfly cushions to buy...


.



2 comments:

  1. That's the duvet cover I nearly chose myself! So pretty. Now I like the curtains but suspect I'd end up craving dairy milk ;)
    Thanks for joining in and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Mammasaurus, oh the power of subliminal advertising. It is Dairy Milk purple ;) x

      Delete