Wednesday 15 September 2010

My Favourite Nursey Rhymes DVD


I was asked if I would like to review a new DVD due to be released on Monday 20th September called 'My Favourite Nursery Rhymes'.

I was curious as to whether my boys (aged three and two) would be interested in watching this as the only DVDs that they currently watch are home movies.

This DVD has been produced by BabyTV in conjunction with Classic FM and the quality is high. It features 21 popular classic nursery rhymes, sung by children. Each nursery rhyme is animated and many types of animation are used from traditional cartoons to CGI. Each nursery rhyme is announced by a graphic. Each time this was displayed my boys asked 'what's next?'.

We watched it twice through the first day and it has been asked for regularly ever since. It's a hit in our house.

The only thing I didn't like was the animation for 'Row Row Row Your Boat' There are animals made of vegetables. The rabbits hands are pieces of broccoli. I found this creepy - maybe that's just me!

'My Favourite Nursery Rhymes is available from all of the usual retailers (such as Amazon, Play.com and HMV) and other leading independent outlets.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment